As a Partner in the Firm’s Advisory team, Brian leads the provision of the Firm’s Transaction Advisory Services to clients including high-growth start-ups, leading corporates, credit unions, private equity firms, government departments and state agencies.
Brian has particular experience of project managing large scale, complex transactions with multiple stakeholders under tight timeframes.
Brian primarily leads the provision of the following services:
- Business plan review & development – reviewing & developing robust business plans in connection with transactions, restructurings and strategic reviews.
- Financial due diligence – assessing the risks and opportunities of a transaction by undertaking comprehensive financial due diligence.
- Financial modelling – developing financial models for investment, operational, regulatory and reporting purposes.
- Review & report – reviewing, evaluating and reporting upon large scale, complex and sensitive financial data under tight timeframes.
- Stakeholder reporting – reviewing, evaluating and reporting upon the financial and management performance of businesses on behalf of lending institutions and other stakeholders.
- Transaction management support – providing robust project management support services on complex transactions with multiple stakeholders under tight timeframes.
Brian’s experience includes working with:
- The Central Bank of Ireland and Credit Unions engaged in developing and executing plans relating to restructure of the credit union sector; from asset and due diligence reviews to business planning and merger advisory services.
- Private Equity firms doing business, raising capital and investing in and through Ireland; from initial set-up advisory services to operationalising investment vehicles and undertaking due diligence upon target assets.
- High-growth start-ups on their business plans and financial models; from assisting with funding applications to the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF) through to advising on organisational structures and management teams.
- NAMA on the acquisition, negotiation and management of property and/or debt with a value >€5bn; from large scale, highly complex business plan reviews to multiple stakeholder reporting engagements.
Education, previous work experience
Brian joined EisnerAmper Ireland from Deloitte, London where he worked as a member of the firm’s M&A Strategy team. His primary focus was on providing commercial due diligence services to UK Private Equity firms where deal size ranged from £25m to £1bn. He worked closely with clients to develop a detailed understanding of the target business’ market and competitive position, with a view to establishing the viability of financial forecasts.
While at Deloitte, he also advised corporates on a range of strategic and operational issues – clients included FTSE 100 companies operating across a range of geographic markets and business sectors.
Prior to Deloitte, Brian gained experience working in equity research for Davy Stockbrokers (Dublin) and as an analyst for Australian Provincial Newspapers (APN), one of Australia’s largest media companies.
Brian holds an honours degree in Economics (1st Hons) and Politics (2.1 Hons) from University College Dublin and a Master’s Degree in Business Studies from the Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business.
Direct Dial +353 1 2933423