Senior Regulatory Risk Managers
EisnerAmper Ireland is recruiting Senior Regulatory Risk Managers to join the Risk and Regulatory team in our rapidly growing Firm. We’re seeking high calibre, experienced and passionate Senior Regulatory Risk Managers to become part of our Firm and to help support our ecosystem activity.
What do we mean by our ecosystem activity? Some examples include:
- We advise leading banks, insurers/reinsurers, MiFID firms, credit unions, private equity firms, regulators, government departments and state agencies in the areas of strategy, risk, regulation, restructuring, operations and M&A. Click here to learn more.
- We work closely with other world-leading audit & accounting firms. Annually, a core subset of the Firm work in the USA on secondment with our colleagues in EisnerAmper LLP’s (a 180 partner, market leading, US accounting & advisory firm) New York office. Check out their blog here.
- We invest in learning. In addition to monthly training seminars, we all take part in our annual off-site training programmes, augmented with guest speakers on topical issues. It’s not all work and no play – click here to learn more.
- We invest in our business. We received certification to ISO 9001:2015 in January 2018 from the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI). ISO 9001:2015 is the world’s foremost Quality Management System used by organisations in over 170 countries. Click here to learn more.
- In 2015, we joined with EisnerAmper LLP (eisneramper.com) to form a global network called EisnerAmper Global.
Our staff enjoy unparalleled opportunities to advance their careers. We are recognised by industry peers and clients for our expertise, client service and market knowledge. This is evidenced by the firms our alumni work with.
We advise and support regulated firms, helping them to remain compliant with current (and new) requirements, assisting them in their dealings with regulators/regulatory concerns, implementing risk mitigation programmes and advising/representing them in enforcement/settlement proceedings. Our advice and pragmatic approach to problem-solving can accelerate the timeline to return to normal business.
We provide the following services:
- Advisory services relating to compliance with regulation across entities’ business models/cycles and relating to interaction with regulators.
- Provision of the following services across the business model/cycle:
- Compliance with existing, and new (e.g. Solvency II, MiFID II), regulations and/or requirements
- Gap analysis
- Monitoring implementation of systems of governance to meet the requirements of the new regimes
- Advice on interaction with regulators
- Pre-inspection assessments
- Control design / operational effectiveness assessment
- Development and implementation of RegTech solutions; and
- Partnering with other firms where synergies can be achieved to add value to our clients.
- Pre-Approval Controlled Function (PCF) role holder (e.g. Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit) services and PCF support services on an outsourced basis.
What you will be doing
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage client engagements covering client proposals, engagement letters, client billing and managing client relationships;
- Manage client projects including gap analysis exercises against regulatory requirements, compliance monitoring, governance reviews and inquiries from clients on regulatory matters;
- Supporting Pre-Approval Controlled Function role holders in the fulfillment of their role;
- Supporting client with applications for Central Bank of Ireland authorisations;
- Supporting directors, officers and risk management teams across the full range of regulated financial services sectors, including banking, insurance, and investment management;
- Working with companies to implement Risk Mitigation Programme actions;
- Working with our solutions team to design and deliver RegTech solutions;
- Working with industry bodies on projects related to new challenges/legislation;
- Maintaining and developing existing client relationships, and contributing to the development of new business opportunities;
- You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring junior members of the team to ensure quality, thoroughness and completion of assignment tasks; and
- Servicing a portfolio of key clients and developing service offerings to meet demands.
Education & Professional Qualification
- Qualified accountant and/or 2.1 in a relevant degree (e.g. Risk Management, or related social sciences degree).
- 6 years in a risk consulting or risk management role in a Regulatory/Compliance/Risk area within a consulting firm, the Central Bank or regulated entities.
- Previous management experience is preferable.
Skills & attributes
- Initiative – ability to take the initiative, working with limited supervision (although we will of course be there to support you).
- Dynamism – desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a highly energetic and motivated team.
- Flexibility – willingness to adapt to varying and changing client demands.
- Attitude – motivated, hardworking and evidence of having excelled at something in your personal life to date.
Education and personal development is key to our firm. We are committed to providing comprehensive business and technical training. This includes monthly in-house learning afternoons, twice-yearly 2-day internal technical training seminars delivered offsite in locations across the country and planning days in July and November.
Our remuneration packages are designed to attract and retain the best people as part of our team.
We offer salary levels which are commensurate to candidates’ level of experience, competencies and role in the firm.
EisnerAmper Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that as per Company policy, we do not engage in correspondence with applicants, or provide additional feedback via any channel prior to and during the initial recruitment process, between application and job offer, beyond a yes/no hiring decision.