MKO’s (now EisnerAmper Ireland’s) Learn, Dine & Connect Series
The fourth instalment of MKO’s (now EisnerAmper Ireland’s) series of Financial Services focused industry updates, “Financial Reporting, Audit and Tax update for SPV Professionals”, took place on Thursday, 26 June 2014.
The objective of the evening was to provide industry specific insights on recent technical developments in the Debt Securities and Airfinance sectors. Following a brief overview by the Managing Partner, Alastair MacDonald, on EisnerAmper’s role in the Financial Services and International Business sectors, members of MKO’s (now EisnerAmper Ireland’s) Financial Services team provided specific industry updates:
- Diarmaid O’Keeffe, Partner and Head of Financial Services at MKO, provided an overview of trends identified at the recent Global ABS Conference held in Barcelona.
- Kilian Doyle, Senior Manager, focused on Financial Reporting options for SPVs & the impact of FRS 102 (new Irish GAAP).
- Ronan Murphy, Director of Financial Services, focused on audit report changes.
- Cormac Doyle, Partner and Head of Tax, provided an overview of iXBRL and tax impact of developments in financial reporting.
For more information, please contact Diarmaid O’Keeffe.Latest News →
Global ABS 2014
This event offers the opportunity to engage with the regulatory community, participate in key policy and client networking discussions, and continue to focus on ways to rebuild the European securitisation market for sound growth and performance in the future. In addition, the conference will explore and discuss other current issues concerning the state of the securitisation market and the financial sector as a whole. The event, organised by IMN, an industry leader for securitisation events around the world, offers securitisation professionals access to the most current financial information to all sectors of the international structured finance community. Keynote speakers for the event include Adam Farkas, Executive Director of the European Banking Authority and Yves Mersch, Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank.
The conference schedule includes discussions on:
- Assessing The Effectiveness of Global Regulations
- Outlook for the European RMBS Market
- European Auto Loan and Lease Sector Review
- Market Transparency: Loan Level Data and Disclosure Developments
- Credit Ratings Agency Regulatory Developments
- Outlook for the Peripheral Economies (Spain, Italy, Ireland, Greece)
- Risk Based Capital Regulatory Developments
- Solvency II
- The PCS Initiative
Commenting on the upcoming event, Diarmaid O’Keeffe, Partner and Head of Financial Services at MKO (now EisnerAmper Ireland) said:
“MKO (now EisnerAmper Ireland) are delighted to attend Global ABS 2014 and reaffirm Dublin and Ireland’s position as the leading worldwide centre for the securitisation industry, and ensure the continued success of the industry in Ireland. Ireland is well placed to service the this industry with experienced lawyers, tax advisors, administrators and auditing firms. Within this network of advisors, MKO (now EisnerAmper Ireland) is a boutique provider of audit and tax services.”Latest News →